tuesday things, vol. 13
October 15, 2013
A few things I’m thinking about, reading, or loving right now:
- Its that time of year… when you can purchase a hunting falcon for $150,000 or an outdoor entertainment system for ONE AND A HALF MILLION DOLLARS. Yep, the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book has been released.
- In my ears lately: I really like Say Lou Lou’s cover of “Feels Like We’re Only Going Backwards” and “Wild Fire” by John Mayer.
- I kinda want to get this so I can watch the dogs when I’m out of the house…. I always wonder what they do all day.
- This interview with Malala Yousafzai, the brave girl who stood up for women’s education and was subsequently shot by the Taliban, is inspiring. She is so full of strength.
- Cronuts are now a mass-market item. Sorta ruins it for me.
- Interesting read from Quartz: Americans tend to think that people born without math skills shouldn’t do math. Chinese people tend to believe they just need to study harder. Allison Schrager, who “never considered [her]self great at math” but got an economics PhD all the same, takes the Chinese view, and argues that Americans need to change their attitude if the country isn’t to fall even further behind.