tuesday things, vol. 15
October 29, 2013
A few things I’m thinking about, reading, or loving right now:
- This invention might save a few marriages…. or at least make road trips more bearable.
- Do you know how popcorn came to be the snack of choice at movie theatres?
- Real life Mowgli: a couple of African wildlife photographers raised their daughter in the bush for the first ten years of her life, and this photo essay is beautiful.
- My lovely sorority sister Erin started a food blog and she has great recipes as well as weekly menu plans. Check it out!
- The results of this study are so sad. What a terrible catch-22: those who grow up poor may have impaired brain function, leading to an inability to escape poverty, and the cycle continues with their kids.
- How cool is this adult scratch-and-sniff book about wine?
- This dish looks like perfect winter comfort food. I can’t wait to make it! Cold air, come back to Houston!
- I bought 450 pieces of Halloween candy yesterday and I have not eaten one single piece yet. Self-control for the win! But its really only a matter of time before I make these. Probably tomorrow.