tuesday things, vol. 4
August 13, 2013
A few things I’m thinking about, reading, or loving right now:
- I started working out with a trainer last week. I hurt, hurt, hurt. But at least I have scientific proof that I can reward myself with a beer after those 9 am workouts.
- There’s a few people I know that I would like to buy this shirt for. Seriously, y’all. Just wear a watch.
- Have any of you ever tried Miracle Berries? Eating one turns everything you eat after it sweet, no matter how sour the food. I have always wanted to but haven’t known where to find them. Now it looks like I can have my own tree full of them.
- These maps are so interesting!
- I’m all about #1 and #14 on this list.
- Looks like I need to plan a few trips based on this list. Mmmm.
- And finally, have you all seen Meg Jay’s TED talk Why 30 is not the new 20? I’m pretty Type A (I know that everyone who knows me is nodding their heads right now) and I’m not advocating that my generation blow off planning and investing in our futures. But here I am, 29 years old, about to start my second graduate degree and hoping to completely change careers. And I don’t regret at all that I spent 7 years of my 20s in a field I may never revisit. I met amazing people, got to experience the unexpected and unplanned, and learned a hell of a lot.