tuesday things, vol. 3
August 6, 2013
my favorite instagrams this week
A few things I’m thinking about, reading, or loving right now:
- I’m really into The Neighbourhood right now. Like, on repeat all. the. time. Also love First Aid Kit, especially Emmylou.
- This observational list is good for a laugh.
- Gah. This is the most appetizing sandwich I have ever seen. My mouth is watering and my stomach is grumbling right now just thinking about it. It will get made this week.
- Its Whitney’s favorite week of the year. Me? I’m just trying not to glance at the TV in order to avoid nightmares.
- I’m convicted by David Henson’s column this week: “What it would be like to live in a world where it was an honor, not an inconvenience, for a neighbor to ask you for bread?”
- My sister and her roommates are coming over for dinner tonight and I’m planning to make this strawberry ice cream for dessert. Supposedly it can be made, start to finish, in my Blendtec. I’ll believe it when I see it…
- This is easily my favorite news item of the week.
- I’m an avid e-reader. My Kindle is pretty much always in my purse or car, and we may have to live under an overpass one of these days due to my book purchasing habits. So I’m really, really, really happy with the DOJ’s settlement offer to Apple that would let me start buying books from my iPhone Kindle app.
- Speaking of reading, I totally devoured She Walks in Beauty, a collection of poetry for women edited by Caroline Kennedy.
- And speaking of poetry, “Bending Toward a Rightness” by John Blase is my new mantra… I expected by now to learn the language of God but I have only learned to love him.