tuesday things, vol. 2
July 30, 2013
my favorite instagrams this week
A few things I’m thinking about, reading, or loving right now:
- “Wine is perception on it’s deepest level…if you love wine you tend to love it because it’s a taste adventure.” This is an interesting read about how our expectations and perceptions play into our enjoyment of wine. (h/t Freda)
- Speaking of wine, I love rosé when it’s hot out and I am really loving the 2012 Calcu Rosé these days.
- Rachel Held Evans wrote an interesting article last week on CNN’s Belief Blog and it’s been shared on Facebook more than 100,000 times. It obviously struck a chord with both the millennials that are leaving church as well as church leaders and others who are concerned about it. Her follow up piece features expert resources on this topic and continues the conversation. And here’s a good post from another author in 2009 that touches on the issues many young people want to see in churches.
- Its the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. And I’m trying super hard not to buy these. Like, I need to put my credit card in a block of ice. But you do see where my name is written all over them, right?
- I cannot think of a more perfect summer salad than this or this. And they’re definitely my kind of salads since they’re not even really healthy. Gees. Yum.
- Do you all use BB or CC creams? I’m totally obsessed with this Supergoop CC cream. Most days I just put a layer of this on with lipstick and I am out the door. It has sunscreen, moisturizer, and the perfect tint to even out my skintone.
- I can definitely get behind the sentiment on this mug, but I don’t see why you’d want to advertise it. I’m okay with no one knowing my day drinking schedule.
- Next time we pull out cheese to snack on, I’m going to try some of these pairings instead of crackers.
- I keep saying we are going to get rid of cable because Whit and I already watch everything on our computers, but between our AppleTV and this announcement from Google, we may finally take the plunge.
- You know how sometimes its the end of the day and you just don’t feel like cooking dinner? i.e. “Monday thru Thursday”….. Here’s the answer: 5 dinners with Marcella Hazan’s tomato sauce.
- And I want to leave you all on this note… “The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” – Julia Child